Saturday, September 20, 2008

Weekly Report: Melody, 9/20/08

Math: all done, with the exception of the quiz for lesson 22, because she can't find her test booklet. We'll continue looking this week.

English: read Ginger Pye for one hour each day; finished most of her Mother Tongue 1 assignments - she's working on the last one now. She didn't understand the directions and didn't ask. Oh, well!

History: I read to her and Eliza from Hillyer's A Child's History of the World about Napoleon and the Latin American revolutions for history; no maps this week - I wasn't up to finding them and printing them out.

Science: I read to her and Eliza the first two chapters of Jack's Insects: one an introductory chapter, in which our heroes, Jack and his sister Maggie, find themselves in Jack's new book about insects. The other about the Blue Morpho Butterfly. I found pictures of the butterfly online which I'll show the girls this week. I hope to find these kinds of pictures ahead of time and that's part of what I'll work on this week.

No comments: